Wednesday, July 25, 2007

From Sorrow to Joyful Dancing


Recently, a Christian organization hosted a three-day concert in the city where our girls live. Thousands attended.

Nine girls from the Rapha House Christian praise team were asked to perform for the audience. It was a real honor.

This Christian dance and music team is just one of the many activities that the girls at Rapha House can participate in. They dance beautiful cultural dances and praise routines to Christian music.

After the performance, one of the Rapha girls said, “I was impressed that God gave me the opportunity to sing and dance for the people. And I praise the Lord that He loves me and could use me this way.” Another Rapha girl in the audience said, “Tears came to my eyes because I heard the people say that our dancing inspired them.”

Read what the Bible says: “You have turned my sorrow into joyful dancing. No longer am I sad and wearing sackcloth. I thank you from my heart, and I will never stop singing your praises, my LORD and my God” (Psalm 30:11,12 CEV). God has done that for these girls. And he has used you to help. Thank you for caring. Thank you for praying. Thank you for giving.